User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 05:39 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
But that is the point of kenpom, it normalizes for competition, being in the SEC East for example. Normalizes for out-of-conference games. Felton's 5th and 6th years he ranked 91 and 198 which is terrible. Grant has never had a year below 86 and Felton had 4 of his 6 years below 86.

Basically all college coaches and ADs use kenpom as the college bible now of how good teams really are. It is hard to dismiss as one data point.

Grant had 2 #1 seeds in the NIT (remember Archie had 2 #11s seeds), an extra win each year and he is probably has 2 more NCAA appearances at Alabama (and an extra loss each year and Archie probably has 2 less NCAA appearances).

And Grant recruited the entire roster except for some bit players that Shaka took to the Final 4 so I don't know how you can dismiss his development of Maynor.

I do not know how Grant will turn out as a coach at UD. But he is materially better than Dennis Felton. He is not a disaster hire. And in fact the advanced analytics point to a coach just about as successful as Archie Miller, but AG has been a little unlucky and AM has been a little lucky.
Dude!?! Thanks for giving me some comic gold to bump for my pleasure down the road. In essence your mesage says Archie was proven lucky by advanced analytics..Insufferable apologist much?