Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
I'm truly astonished at how nervous this board gets at times. AG has hired one assistant (admittedly not a lead recruiter) and, I'm guessing, has a second on board that just hasn't been made official as yet (Kuwik). The DDN says Kuwik has been working hard since Miller left, in part to impress AG, no doubt, but also to maintain a level of continuity with returning players and the various recruiting pipelines. At worst, our new coach is on a schedule (staff, recruits) not far off of Archie's when he was hired here.

What little upheaval we've seen was to be expected -- the loss of two (maybe three) Archie recruits and one transfer. He got two recruits to recommit, which is two more than I expected.

Barring more transfers, I think we'll be quite competitive next year. A frontcourt of Josh, Xerious and Kostas will match up well with anyone in the A10. And I've gotta believe AG will get us a talented PG (or two) to ease any concerns there. I'll go so far as to say a top four A10 finish is very doable, and that will have us in the tourney conversation.

Yes, I know we have a new coaching staff, a new system and lots of inexperience, but I'm just not that worried. I don't blame some folks for being jittery, but a little patience will go a long way toward calming nerves. This is a basketball PROGRAM, not a race. As AG said, he wants to dominate the league. I'm willing to take him at his word until there's a reason not to ...
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
1903 Flyer (04-18-2017), JimBo (04-18-2017), John C. (04-18-2017), TA111 (04-18-2017)