Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Roster Status
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 01:32 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
Sharavjamts commits on Dec. 14. Greer announces his transfer on Dec. 26 and his commitment to St. Joe's on Dec. 28. Weaver was a fourth-year player behind two freshmen starters and eligible for a no-sit transfer.

Wheels were turning.

There's a reality of the team well beyond the public's conception, and I imagine priority recruits get a pretty good sense of team climate and the future of the roster, including where the recruit fits now and in the future.

There has to be more to the story than we know. With a loaded front court, we're going to ride with one conventional PG and a combo guard?
Last season, we started with 4 PGs. But before that, when did we ever have 4 PGs that we could count on in case of injury? During the Scoochie years he was a backup to Price and then on very small depth chart, the only one with Darrell Davis spelling him as necessary. We certainly would've been lost that season if we had to use Davis for full games. The next two seasons he was the starter with Crosby as the backup(I certainly think we're better off now than that) and Darrell Davis still there in a pinch. After that it was Crutcher-Crosby-Davis, Crutcher-Nobody, Crutcher-Chatman, Crutcher-Chatman-Weaver-Frazier(Frazier was useless).

This coming season it looks to be Mali-Mike-Elvis. If Elvis wasn't a starting SG, I think this would look safer. But since he is, is it any worse depth-wise than Crutcher-Chatman? And my thought is that maybe Elvis doesn't start and Brea takes over as starter with Mike and Elvis getting their minutes at both PG and SG backups which should provide enough minutes since we have two starting SG positions (Blakney holding the other).

So there might be a time where Mali goes down and we have to use Mike-Elvis to get us 40 minutes, but let's just hope that he doesn't go down for long and he doesn't go down at the end of the season. But if you think about it, we would've been in the same boat if Scooch or Crutch had gone down the same way Mali did last season. You just can't plan 100 percent for these events and if they happen, and hopefully they happen rarely, you take your lumps. Every team I'm sure has a player or two that if they get injured for any length of time will derail their season immensely, you just have to hope it doesn't happen.

Everybody is worried because of what happened to Mali in the A10 tourney, but what would happen if it's DaRon instead? Yes, we have plenty of depth at the big positions, but it would still derail our season.

Last edited by Smitty10; 06-09-2022 at 01:35 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (06-09-2022), flyer016 (06-09-2022), superfan99 (06-09-2022)