Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 02:29 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,619 Times in 5,098 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
Both amazing players and athletes so disclaimer: I am not criticizing Obi or Holmes.

The one thing I note when comparing Holmes to Toppin is that for two guys who are relatively the same size and body type, Obi is noticeably smoother and more fluid, whether he is taking a shot, driving to the basket or just running the floor. I think it is a body control thing that we all born with to differing degrees and cannot be learned or coached. I am a little more hesitant to phrase it this way but maybe, Obi is a bit more athletic than Holmes?

That said, another difference is that Holmes does not shy away from contact the way Obi sometimes does, so maybe on balance those things wash out. Agree that Holmes developing a perimeter game would make him unstoppable, (similarly if Obi had more strength and post skills, he would be a nightmare matchup). Sort of makes you wish they played together for a year.
In a dreamworld scenario where we had both Obi and Holmes playing for us at the same time, I think they would compliment each other well. They have very different strengths. And neither one has to dominate the ball in order to make a huge impact on the game.