Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Chris Wright and McKinley Wright were not top 10 recruits. I get all that you are saying, but unless the a kid grew up a UD fan his whole life and his dream was to play at UD, we are not going to keep local kids that are top 10 recruits. We aren't even the top school in our region of the state. While we may steal a few from OSU, X, and UC, right now all 3 are recruiting at a much higher level than we are and typically get the better Ohio recruits.
I agree with you! Don May is the perfect example of the point you make above as he grew up a UD fan his whole life and he realized his dream!

I also agree that all 3 of the above schools are recruiting at a much higher level than we are mostly just because of the conferences they are in (Big Ten, Big East and AAC). I have a friend who invited me to the X game at the Cintas Center last evening against Hampton in a 96-60 win and I noticed first hand the talent of their recruits, especially the freshmen and sophomores who played a lot of minutes. They have 3 seniors that will graduate but will probably not miss a beat next season!