Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 09:16 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
I agree 100% that it's a reasonable concern. This deficiency will no doubt bite us in the butt a few times this season.

What I don't agree with is the notion that some (not all) are saying that this shows...

- Grant can't recruit
- Grant doesn't know how to put together a roster

But I also think our small lineup has a chance to create match-up problems for the other team as well. Hopefully, more than enough times to offset the times it bites us in the butt. (We already know that some will never recognize the times small ball goes our way, only when it hurts us with a missed rebound, etc.)

Changing gears: As far as the defense, yes we stunk last year. Awful.

Anyone that thinks poor defense will continue to be a problem long-term hasn't followed Grant's career. He has built his teams on defense.

For me personally, the biggest concern with Grant's recruiting is that this team and future teams will lack enough shooters and offensive efficiency to go with all the athleticism. But I'm not going to blast our coach for it when he's only one year in.
Good points. The last few years UD's perimeter defense has also been terrible. They've allowed far too many easy dribble penetration buckets and easy dump downs/drop-off passes after dribble penetration to BIGS. They need to solve their perimeter defense on both wings and PG's and the interior defense will automatically improve....