Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: On to 2018-19
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I'm concerned about back-to-back years of significant turnover in the makeup of the roster, but, it seems warranted here. Nothing we could do about this year--seniors graduate.

Before this year started I think there's a reasonable case that could have been made that we had a hope (let's stick to that word) that next year's starting 5 would be something like:

Wright
Jordan Davis
XW
Cunningham
Pierce (the big man develops and is ready to start next year at center)

Now it looks to be more like:

Crutcher
Jordan Davis
Trey
Kostas (Mikesell?)
Cunningham

I'm not saying that was everyone's expectation, but the point is I would rather not see such a big swing in year-to-year expectations going forward. We need to see some stability start to make its way into the Flyer program after this mess of a year.

I don't hate our 5 for next year, we'll be pretty good. We better see some serious additions from Mikesell and Kostas to make the NCAA, but it could happen.

Keep in mind, as bad as we were this year, we were 12-4 at home. 1-10 away and 1-3 neutral. Smells like freshmen.
Why was Pierce considered such a lock to be a contributor by his sophomore year? Did anyone watch him last year? I don't think he was that good in high school so why would he suddenly have been good in college?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-08-2018), Sid Louick (03-08-2018)