User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 12:13 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jaco2112 View Post
Summer League has such an aggravating PR/Political angle to it. The announcers focus so much on the draft pick, just gushing praise... even when it's not warranted. Every game has been that way. I've been hitting the mute button more than I used to do with our local Mr. "Get that junk out here" Scoochie's stat line was FAR better than Sexton in this game, by a long shot - yet Colin gets Top Performer kudos. I certainly hope he gets a 2-way contract with them this year, but this "young bull" Sexton stuff is going to be a bit of a barrier. At least Scoochie raised his value in this one - if Cleveland doesn't sign him, some team with a need for a backup PG will - eventually.
I thought the announcers were very complimentary of Scoochie. They were complimentary of his game and his leadership... mentioning his time at Dayton multiple times including stating he was the only 3 year captain in UD history. They even discussed him in the post game wrap up.

I'm really not sure how much more could be expected. Scoochie had a great game and he was probably the most discussed player in the 4th quarter.

All that being said, summer league isn't a good indicator of a player's potential. If it was, Christian Wood would be All NBA. Despite being arguably the best player in the summer league over the last 2 years is not currently signed and was unable to get promoted out of the G-League last year.

Scoochie is good enough to get consideration. The fact that the ball was in his hands pretty much the whole time the game is on the line is probably an indicator he is getting it. Hopefully, he keeps seizing that opportunity.

FWIW... while I loved seeing the step back jumper again, I thought his best play was when he collapsed the defense and kicked a pass for an assist on a 3 pointer with about 10 seconds left. Heady play; great vision.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bucketnight For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-15-2018), Jaco2112 (07-15-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-15-2018), Muckem333 (07-15-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-15-2018), Sarge (07-15-2018)