Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 03:15 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Just a terrible comparison and absolute ignorant comment. Engineers, accountants, truck drivers and secretaries didn't just show up on the radar one day knowing full well how to do their jobs. Neither did billionaire owners. They learned their craft thru training, practice, experience and learning that particular industry. Some came directly from HS, others thru trade schools and plenty from college who didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground the minute they hit the big stage.

Being 22 years old, pulling all nighters and hitting bars all night long while still at a college doesn't translate just a few months later into a thoughtful, intelligent and skilled performer at the corporate level.

Why is an organization run any different than a sports franchise? Every facet of an organization/corporation has leadership and those people are VP's, managers, etc. who are responsible for making sure those under them that don't achieve, show potential, or even overachieve , at times, aren't long for the job.

Trust me, fine sir, there are plenty of NFL/NBA/MLB young studs getting looks that wouldn't qualify to lay down orange barrels on the roadway at 18, 22, or even 30 if it wasn't for their athletic prowess. They wouldn't get out of bed in the morning if not for handler shaking them or calling them.
Did you call me 'ignorant' before or after you typed the rest of your rant? Or do you call 2 years of college basketball...the NBA's Minor League...comparable to Accounting 415 class?

Kostas can't hit the ground running at any NBA camp...nor can he hit its ground walking. Crawling is a possibility. Which I'm sure you understand...or at least can relate to...
Gazoo (05-19-2018)