User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

CraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I love Kyle Davis and would NEVER trade him for EC Matthews. Partly will be because I haven't seen EC enough, but partly because Kyle has become Big Moment Kyle. Close game, under 4 minutes, Flyers appear like they could be going down, the crowd is getting antsy.....and suddenly Kyle makes back to back steals leading to back to back fast breaks, or he hits a completely unexpected 3, causing the roof to be blown off. These are NOT unusual occurrences. Where I sit, we simply call them Kyle Moments. We expect them anymore. Lady that sits in front of me and had very rarely said anything in her many years in front of me even turned around near the end of a very close game last year and said "it's Kyle time", and immediately after she said it he had the steal leading to the fast break that led to the victory. Kyle moments....they are always special.

And I don't see EC Matthews shutting down the dude from Providence...Kris Dunn? That was amazing!

As for should Archie wait...obviously I'm not in the know, but I can imagine many things in play here. For all we know, Kyle was Archie's 1st choice over EC, possibly thought Kyle fit the style he wanted better, or truly thought Kyle was better overall. Or somehow Archie learned EC preferred URI and Archie grabbed his 2nd choice in Kyle because he didn't want to wait on EC and take a chance of getting neither. Whatever the reason, I'm sure Archie was very happy Kyle said yes, or he would have never offered him.

As for the current situation, if Morsell is THE top priority, Archie will find a way to wait until he visits before offering any others, or at least not accepting right away (however that whole game works). However, I also believe Archie will be very happy getting Keith or Anthony, or else he would have stopped recruiting them.

And don't forget, stars don't mean everything. Would have hated passing on a certain #2 that is now in the NBA just because he was only rated 2 stars.....
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CraSch For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-12-2016), Gazoo (09-12-2016), springborofan (09-12-2016)