Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 01:06 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,912 Times in 6,995 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Piqua Flyer '66 View Post
Anyone find it unusual that on the fall that we are talking about (CC had to leave the game) NO ONE from the bench, AM or trainer, went out to assist him immediately.....seemed rather awkward to me.
This is what I said in another post...

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
If a player goes down and the coach steps one foot on the court to check on him, the player has to come out of the game whether he's injured or not. By holding back the UD 'bench/coach' the ref is saying the player may not need help and, therefore, can stay in the game.
I reffed a game today and this very situation occurred in a close game. Kid goes down and appears to be hurt (but wasn't...just stunned). Coach runs out and sees he's OK and walks back to the bench. I tell the coach the player has to come out...coach looks at me like I'm nuts, turns and looks at the other coach who is 3' on the court and says 'then he needs to sub someone too!' so I need to explain to him that the other coach is coaching, not checking on a potentially injured player. He honestly had no idea that coming onto the court forces me to make him sub. UGH! I hate stupid.
jack72 (12-31-2016), NovaFlyer (12-31-2016), ruechalgrin (12-31-2016)