Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 11:35 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
I am skeptical, what about Gonzaga, SMC, BYU, San Diego State, etc.

Valpo has been in the top 60 4 out of the last 5 years.

Boise has been in the top 80 4 out of the last 5 years.

Northern Iowa has been in the top 80 5 out the last 6 years.

I agree that things are getting harder, but there are still opportunities.

And I think some of the American teams would play us.
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Couple more...

Colorado State's last 7 years: 29, 181, 29, 182, 18, 29, and 50.

Belmont has been in the top 60 4 out the the last 7 years, the other 3 years they were in the top 105.
Gonzaga and San Diego State can get higher profile games than us. I don't think they'd give up a h/h to play Dayton unless we went to the tourney for something close to ten straight years.

Valpo I wonder if their success continues without Drew

I think Belmont would be great and they would probably do a 2 for 1 with us. I know in another thread Chris R pointed out Dayton wouldn't play a program like Florida Gulf Coast H/H.

I think looking at neutral site events like we did in Chicago with Northwestern is another good avenue.

To me St. Mary's series is the gold standard in a H/H series. Last year they were a tourney team and were 17 in the RPI. We can't predict the future but they bring most of that team back and I've seen several folks predicting that they are favorite in the WCC next year with Gonzaga's early defections to the NBA. This is gonna be a chance at two quality wins for the committee.

BYU I'm all for as a series.

One that I saw in the American that looked interesting to me was UCF. They have most of their key guys back, add a couple transfers and played well down the stretch. It has the added bonus of being in Florida which might be a new area of emphasis recruiting wise
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (07-18-2017), rollo (07-18-2017)