Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 11:35 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
You are a bag of contradictions. You "OPINE" that AM was premature to take the IU job, then state that "time will tell" and "jury is out".

And where are the facts? His record vs Crean? How does that translate into any success he will achieve? I'll answer that: it doesn't.
Its quite simple if you can read. In my opinion I feel that Archie left too soon, don't know that he is ready for the IU fans and expectations. Someone stated it was time to take the job because it opened when it did, well true but is it a job he can sustain. Getting the job of his dreams and keeping it are two different animals. Again ask Shaka Smart how its going down in Texas.

I've stated Archie is a good coach but being a good coach may not be good enough for IU. AM taught good players how to play defense, well the question will be can he do the same with more talented players who think they are NBA ready. Archie vs Crean, are you serious, how will that translate into his success. You don't understand the passion and expectations at IU. They are not going to give him a honeymoon, they will expect results NCAA deep run and final four right out of the gate. They are hungry for the BK era to return and feel entitled.

So I am not giving AM a pass just because some feel he is one of the top upcoming coaches, he will have to prove it with top talent. Coaching 3 stars recruits/players is different from 4/5 stars. I could be wrong that is why the wait and see. We know he has the pedigree but is he ready for IU. Sean has yet to sniff the final four and their are rumblings out in Arizona.

I am willing to let it play out as it did for BG and Shaka Smart, but so far no cigar for either one. Archie may be different, time will tell.