Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 07:46 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer'95 View Post
There is no shame in losing our coach to Indiana. And we shouldn't pretend that none of us would do the same. He didn't go to school at UD, he didn't grow up in Dayton or even in Ohio. He had no reason to value UD over a school with a much larger stature. The guy has a job to do and a goal he wants to reach. Don't hold it against him when 99% of the people on here would do the same damm thing.
I don't understand what is so hard for some of you people to get about this. I don't think anybody begrudges Archie the right to work at the most successful, top level of his profession.

What I do begrudge him is saying "I am just interested in coaching at Dayton for as long as they'll have me." Don't say that. Don't even word it like that when that is NOT your intention. You are lying.

Point 2: now I'm supposed to care about what he does at Indiana? No thank you. Good luck to him, but I didn't like the Hoosiers before and I'm not going to start now just because a successful former coach is there. This isn't Donoher coaching there. If he is successful, great for him, and I don't wish them to dissolve into nothingness while he is there. Just don't expect me to care what they do. I feel about Indiana as I've always felt about them: they suck.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (05-25-2017), FlyerinChicago (05-25-2017), Gazoo (05-27-2017), TerryK_67 (05-25-2017), TXFlyerFan (05-25-2017), UDTradition (05-25-2017)