Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oRed View Post
question to you Dayton Cincinnati media overlapper experts...can you give me examples of where/how the Dayton Cincinnati market overlap in college basketball because this notion completely confounds me. The only place I see sports media overlap in these markets is the NFL and MLB with the Bengals and Reds with so many Greater Miami Valley people / business with season tickets or regular attendees and listeners/watchers of the broadcast.

My best friend buys advertising in the Dayton media market and they would never consider advertising for a Cincinnati based basketball team because virtually no one is watching.

Alternately don't you think orgs like Skyline, Jeff Wyler,Cincinnati Bell, Heidelberg and anyone of about 5 pizza franchises just to name a few area advertisers would find UD attractive to their ad spend? I sure do and I'll bet Fox does as well so I think tv is on the side of inclusion but I'm not sure that's enough to overcome the Jesuits.
I don't know about all the advertising stuff, but I do know that Mo Egger(UD grad) and Lance McCalister both talk about UD basketball sometimes on 1530 and 700 in Cincy. It's not a ton but both usually include UD in the discussion when they have guys like Lunardi or Jerry Palm on.