Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 03:14 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
From the DDN article:

“I tell guys this all the time when we are recruiting, ‘What we do is not for everybody,’” said Grant who took over the job vacated by Archie Miller last spring. “I tell them, ‘Here’s what we’re going to be about and here’s the way we’re going to do it.’ It doesn’t make you a bad person (to disagree.) It’s just we have to understand the commitment it takes, the sacrifice it takes to be able to accomplish the things we’re trying to accomplish ... without any guarantees.”
I get that Coaches need to have my way or the highway approach. There is honesty in this, and I respect that. But does anyone else have an issue with this statement.

Kostas came anyway after being told some version of this right? But now he is leaving because he has seen and experienced Grant and his approach.

My point is there is being tough and hard and disciplined on kids. But with 19 years olds, you need to tough - but not so in your face about it.

We just lost a potential key cog. I surely hope AG knows what he is doing and the respect to keep guys here. Not blaming him, but I do have to shrug my shoulders and wonder about his approach.

Edit: I posted before reading the "professional opp" post. So that's a slightly different issue. But I also beleive KA needs 1 or 2 years in college. But hey, everyone has an opinion ~

Last edited by Flyer 86; 03-22-2018 at 03:18 PM..