Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 06:02 PM
1st Lieutenant

UD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
I never heard Archie say his plans were never to leave UD. He said he was happy at UD and administration took good care of him. He did talk about building a long term program at UD, but he was always waiting for the right offer. It was not about the money. Sean may have discovered it was about the money and the players.

The administration talked to him early about taking the right next job. They realized he would leave as soon as he proved he was an excellent coach. Too many schools wanted him. That happened almost right away. I remember having the conversation about that year 2 of his tenure with an administration person.

That is why his contract had three schools in his escape clause.

The administration did not want him to leave and tried to counter the offer from IU.
That is not at all correct. This is EXACTLY what Archie stated in the USA Today Article:

"So, to me being able to coach here as long as they want me to, that's what I'm happy about. Coming into this season, higher expectations, more awareness. We've been able to play and win games."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...wers/24111833/
Mad Props to UD_Earl For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-27-2018)