Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer2 View Post
every time i hear union i want to vomit. The need for "unions" in the early1900's was a necessity to protect the people. I watched the pbs show on the copper mine war in the up of michigan and it was disgusting what our pillars of industry did to the workers.

I worked on the assembly line at frigidaire and was a member of the union and then as a foreman and engineer. I have nothing good to say. Gm screwed the delco white collar workers big time and it is not settled yet.

Uaw was responsible for ncr leaving town. Ncr had a retiree rate of about 80% - you went to work at ncr and you retired from ncr.

Uaw has about a 35% retiree rate.

So if you look at the dollars ncr had to pay retiree's it was the same amount for if you were a ncr union member or uaw member. So ncr bailed and 10,000 jobs left town.

Sorry about the rant but the union bosses along with the gm bosses were idiots.
can we f'ing move this to the off topic thread???