Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 01:34 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
This is probably one of the best responses, although I expect Xavier is personal about it. But the truth is, the Dayton TV market is nothing compared to Cincinnati, or St. Louis. I fully expect if the BE does expand, SLU will be there target for the market size.

The best thing for UD at this point is to help strengthen the A-10, and if the A-10 was smart (and I'm not sure they are), they should see the writing on the wall and look at expanding to some top tier mid major schools as well. WSU would have been a great start, but they got in the AAC. So who's left, that have historically proven themselves to be top tier in their conferences? Geographically would have to be NE, East Coast, Mid South, or Midwest.

This year, some of the higher ranked teams would be ETSU, Charleston, Loyola Chicago, UNC Greensboro, Murray State, Albany, and Buffalo. Schools in last year's NCAA tournament include UNC Wilmington, Iona, MTSU, Winthrop.

From 2016, Austin Peay, UNI.

Several teams have been in the tournament the past couple years as winners of their conference/conference tournament. If they are committed to academics and athletics, maybe the answer is to expand the A-10 to include a couple of these schools.