Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: On to 2018-19
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
We keep drinking to kool aid. I'll believe it when I see it. Last year we had a great Chec shooter coming, older and mature ready to make it happen. And the GF 2.0, likely a double double machine. A 7' beast from NJ, plus the top kid in South Carolina and we were awful. Seems like we are singing the same song now. This is what it must be like to be a Fordham fan, " wait til next year, everyone will be way better".

We lost our second leading scorer, third best rebounder and a good defender in DD. Unless we find some kids to play defense, particularly at guard, someone who can penetrate and some rebounders we will stay in the bottom half of the conference. We are not improved at this point and perhaps actually weaker minus DD. We need a lot of help. Getting rid of the guys who didn't play fixes little. We bring back four of our five starters and they flat out did not get it done. Hoping AG can bring in proven talent fast.
Posted via Mobile Device
Some of it I think depends on whether you prefer to be happy or miserable. I think it’s obvious which camp this poster is in.

This is what it must be like to be a Fordham fan? LOLOLOL. Come on, dude. We made the NCAA tournament 4 years in a row prior to last season. FOH with comparing us to Fordham. We had a laundry list of things go wrong and we finished 9th in the A10. We had a bad season; nobody is going to dispute that.

Do you think Jalen Crutcher will be any better than he was last year? Do you think Jordan Davis will be any better? Let’s assume Josh is as good, and Trey is as good (though I think we can count on him to improve). Sure, we lose a solid senior, but I think his production is very replaceable. We know who four of the newcomers are. Yes, only one of them is any kind of a known commodity and he’s coming off two major surgeries. But we lose one senior and a bunch of guys who were unproductive and/or unplayable or didn't want to be here and we replace them with one redshirt junior, one redshirt freshman, one junior college transfer and one true freshman who could have gone to Texas or West Virginia or Ohio State. Plus we have 5 slots tbd.

Would you trade Baby D, a disinterested Kostas, a disgruntled Xeyrius, a disinterested and disgruntled Pierce, and Crosby for Cohill, Mikesell, Toppin, and Matos? I’d do that trade straight up, and then you throw in five players to be named later? Um, yes please?

Fordham? Hahahahahahaha.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by THirt; 04-08-2018 at 01:03 PM..
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (04-09-2018), longtimefan (04-08-2018), Monster Man (04-08-2018), Sarge (04-08-2018), sheg (04-08-2018)