Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 12:26 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
we can agree, we lost 4 meatballs and 1 probably decent player, but 5 players have quit on the coach, that means something, can we agree on that ?
Different choice of words, but I contend that we lost 3 guys who hadn't showed much if anything at this level (JC, MS, JP) and 2 who had displayed some potential (XW, KA). And I agree that we had 5 players who quit the program, and that it means something. But I believe we differ on what it means.

Your previous posts indicate a belief somewhere along the lines of "Grant is an incompetent nincompoop, and should never have been hired." My previous posts indicate a belief somewhere along the lines of "Grant is a decent coach who needs to be given time to put players of his choosing into his system before we pass final judgment on his success or failure as UD's head coach."

Today's announcements simply accelerate the timeline for him to be able to put players of his choosing into his system, and thus for us to be able to pass final judgment on his success or failure as the head coach of my alma mater.

To the players who are leaving: I hope that you are able to have productive lives from this point forward, but if you didn't want to go to school at my alma mater, and/or play college basketball for my alma mater, then it's best that you're leaving now, so you can start the next phase of your life all the sooner.
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-23-2018)