Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Who is "you are"? You quote my post and I mention nothing about turnovers.

Your second paragraph...you don't feed a crowded lane. You give the guy the ball when he is open...when it isn't crowded. They have open post looks all game long.

I am advocating for elementary basketball that 3rd graders are taught. Utilize the post. Not once, from grade school through college, did I ever have a coach that said "Guys..it's time to open up the post by firing up as many 3's as we can.".

You are correct...post feeds can be easier after a reversal...but you don't abandon the first post feed on a 1-1 in the paint with no backside help defender in place. Even with the backside defender...let the post read the double and hit the vacated offensive player from wherever the double comes from...the top or the backside on a quick in and out.

AG may be the one advocating for this, that is why I haven't singled out the players for not doing it as it may be part of the "system"...in that case I don't agree with said "system" that abandons the initial open post...when in fact...every time we start hitting the post we get positive possessions. That't the issue.

Disclaimer...not once did I say to get the ball in the paint every possession...that is stupid. But I surely don't feel like avoiding wide open post entries for the first 5 minutes of the game is the solution either...and based on the scoreboard...it wasn't working.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-07-2017), FLYER5 (12-07-2017), SeasonTicketFan (12-07-2017)