User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 09:12 AM
1st Lieutenant

jerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
That would seem to be a LOT of work just to be a slight step up over our current situation. If we can dominate the A10, we will be dancing ever year and be able to attract the recruits we want/need. Anything less that a jump to a currently existing or newly formed P5 league does nothing for us. IMHO the only things holding us back from the BE, are our TV market and our lack of consistent dominance in the A10.
I agree, if we knew that the A10 would continue unchanged for a decade. I often read 'dominate the A10' and have slight pause. We have been very good in the A10, but we just got off our first EVER outright title in what was our most prepared team to win in the last decade AND we were bounced in our first conference tournament game. We haven't won a conf. tournament championship since I have been following the team (was a frosh in '05). The teams that dominate their non power-5 conferences (zags, wichita in MVC, Memphis when they were in Conf. USA) truly DOMINATED. We've had good seasons, but we haven't done that.

On top of that, we look like we're heading towards a slight decline in production. I just think the sentiment to 'dominate' the A10 is overstated. With all of that said, I still agree if A10 stays the same over next 10 years I wouldn't 'work hard' to create a new league. But if someone takes VCU, Big East takes SLU (who will be very good very soon), we're left with an even more decimated and certainly more mid major league. Trying to be proactive, not reactive, as I learned in a Crisis Management course at UD.
Mad Props to jerseyflyer09 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (04-12-2017)