Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 10:22 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
True, to a point,...

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Dayton and VCU are the outliers on basketball commitment (part of why we need out)

You can't make Fordham spend money or in the case of LaSalle spend money they don't have. The commitment to basketball here is dissimilar to the rest of the league
Posted via Mobile Device
Every conference, even each of the Power 5s, varies considerably from top to bottom. Look at the Big 10. Conference schools have different institutional and athletics cultures and histories. Naturally, performance, attendance, etc., vary greatly. But, are there schools in the Big 10 with inadequate, run-down, badly dated facilities? I don't think so.

You mention Fordham. Fordham has money for football scholarships....but not for decent BB facilities? FU has substantially higher enrollment and endowment than Dayton. FU is not a poor school...it's a school that choses different priorities.

LaSalle and St. Joes are in Philly....I know both well. St. Joes has financial assets considerably in excess of LaSalle. LU really can't compete financially.....it should be in a different conference. The MAAC is a better fit.

Consider URI. Rhode Island gets less than 10% of its funding from the State...yet the State controls URI. A URI official told me the school would function better if it were private. Yet, URI is committed to man's BB....the Ryan Center is very nice....well above average for the A10. URI wants to make the NCAAs.

Schools are different and are free to establish different priorities. When they do so in such a way as to be far out of step with other conference members it's time to find a conference that better fits their goals.

That's all I'm saying.