Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 09:02 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
Hurley way overrated. He is a builder and his kids play for him and like him but he is not a Next level coach. The team this year did not finish strong and his two best years were when the conference was off in competition. An example is Archie handled him and out coached him with very similar teams. He is chasing the cash like they all do after all the Bull about family etc. Spent more time arguing with refs than coaching his team. Showed in the Duke game. Veteran team blown out by freshman and didn't compete. You would think with all the great games last week his team would show up and they didn't. Good move for Rhody.
I'm not so sure I agree with that. Hurley is not my kind of guy but I think he is passionate but toned it down from his early years. That Duke team is good. Did I just say that? Hate to admit it. Hurley did a pretty good job and I think he is leaving more behind than Archie left. I don't want this to turn into a bashing Archie post and thread but look out how we finished Archie's last couple of years.
2016 lose in A10 semis to Joes and 1 and done in NCAAT with Syracuse.
2017 one in done in A10T losing to Davidson and one and done in NCAAT losing to Wich St.
URI did beat Oklahoma in NCAAT this year.