User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
Any attorney who does criminal work knows that there is no honor among thieves. While the substance of these allegations probably may not be stealing, larceny etc., there are aspects of conspiracy. Certainly income tax evasion. In any event, when prosecutors offer a deal to a defendant, they want something in return. If it's a small drug possession, they want to know where and from whom you bought the drug. If you want a non-custodial sentence or just a fine, you must have something to give in return.

Prosecutors will work hard to flip a defendant into cooperation in obtaining evidence against other bigger fish. I would not be surprised if one of the original four assistance coaches, or any assistant coach charged hereafter, harbors a grudge against his head coach. "I bring in all the recruits and he gets all the credit." A lot of financial conspiracies fall apart when one person does not feel he got a fair amounts from the others.

I said in the beginning that this is a very big deal and will not go away quickly or quietly. There will be many people including schools, school administrators, coaches, players etc. who will be forever damaged, careers and lives ruined.