Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 01:35 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Very happy XW called the time out, but....................

Why was it even his job to call a time out? Why was Grant not jumping up and down screaming for one the split second Ball State scored which my understanding is now a dead ball in which case the time out can come from the bench, before UD inbounded the ball, making the ball live again?

Or am I wrong on the rule?
Well, if they call time out during deadball, they still have to take the ball the length of court. By getting it to mid court, you have a better grasp of your options. By inbounding quickly, Ball St. has no time to set up the defense on the inbound which could cause the Flyers to use up all the time just trying to get it across the line. If anybody should call timeout after a basket it should be the defense IMO. I always thought during Ohio State game, Flyers should've called timeout instead of letting Craft get the ball and dribble to the basket.

Last edited by Smitty10; 11-13-2017 at 01:40 PM..