Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,014 Times in 501 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
If all of the great things Miller has said about UD and his time here is true, and considering everything he has accomplished, he takes a serious risk of tarnishing it all if he is trying to poach Flyer recruits. Is it so important that he's not at all concerned about burning bridges that can never be repaired?
He doesn't care about tarnishing anything. He cares about himself, his job and winning. I love what Archie did at UD but that is over. As far as I'm concerned he lit every bridge on fire when he left, he isn't coming back, he isn't looking out for Dayton, he is gone. I remember when people on this board thought it was sleezy the way Sean handled the X to AZ thing. How is this any different? I just don't get all the people who want to throw this guy an appreciation parade. He left because it was better for him, he may look back upon his time here fondly but there was no sense of loyalty, no "what will happen to UD if I go" consideration. He did what was best for him. He is no longer the coach at UD and has no loyalty to UD which is why I don't understand why so many people feel like we/they should be loyal to him.

If he committed an NCAA violation, I hope the NCAA burns him and Indiana to the ground. This is a dirty business and while it may upset me, I won't complain about the stuff that is ugly but above board. I will however insist that the NCAA punish all violations to the fullest extent possible, especially when it is their flagship programs that are dealing dirty.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyercasey (03-29-2017), FlyerGuyer (03-28-2017), UDGutter2 (03-28-2017)