Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 11:25 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerGuyer View Post
It's not unreasonable at all, but it is totally contrary to everything he said over the past 6 years.

Hence, coach-speak. The Millers are experts at it.
Give me a way he could publicly say that he's open to other offers that would make the UD administration happy? The admin knows the game of musical chairs that takes place with successful coaches. They're not as butt-hurt as the fans over this I guarantee it. So If AM went to any UD athletic director and told them "to be honest, I'm open to accepting a job that would knock my socks off." I'm sure the AD would say "Yes, that's natural, but when asked by the press, just tell them that you're very happy at UD and that you're looking forward to advancing the program."

So if you're still butt hurt over this tomorrow, or the next day or week or whatever, blame UD admin because I guarantee they had a say in how open AM was with the press. Heck, I knew he'd leave someday soon when the right offer came around, they sure as heck knew it too. Naive fans are the only one's caught off guard by this, learn your lesson but love the man for giving our program a chance to take off.

The guy is still in his 30s for crying out loud, think about it, who if is top 2 coaching talent in the country is going to make Dayton their home forever when their career has just taken off. I wouldn't. I wouldn't being raised in Dayton and being a Dayton Flyers fan more than any other sports team anywhere. I'd have jumped at the chance to coach IU in my late 30s and so would anybody who's not nuts.

Last edited by Smitty10; 03-29-2017 at 11:30 PM..
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
hayjim (03-30-2017)