User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
Avery played in the NBA. That's like totally different. Honestly, I think people are overblowing this NBA stuff. Anthony's background is a selling point. But kids aren't going to worship the ground Anthony Grant walks on because he was an NBA assistant coach.
Avery Johnson landing Collin Sexton might be an indication that the NBA relationship holds some real value with recruits. But it's hard to tell the impact. Avery Johnson had his number retired by the Spurs, was named Sportsman of the Year and was named Coach of the Year in the NBA. Plus the name recognition of being on ESPN for a few years. That's a pretty good resume to take into a kid's living room and present to the family.

AG doesn't have that type of resume. I think the NBA portion of his resume is a selling point especially because OKC is high caliber/high visabiltiy team. Hopefully, he can sell it. And quickly. If his first few classes are good and we continue to get to tournament, it will become part of the narrative and something he can always build on.

I think it loses the value it has pretty quickly if he cannot leverage it in the first few recruiting classes (including transfers).