Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 05:11 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
And all 4 NCAAT appearances were with the old coach that just left...and the new coach is not from Archie's staff.

UD is a completely different program now vs. when Archie was here.

You are trying to say that nothing has changed, when, in fact, everything has changed.
This is spot on.

To me, a supporter of Flyers basketball for many, many years, I look over the whole picture and think that AM was the guy to take us to the next level after years getting to a point that someone could. I also look at AG as being the opportunity, thanks to OP, BG and AM of continuing the upswing. I look/wish at it as a rising program.

To a recruit, they might look upon the last 22 seasons as a program that can have a lot of average and some above average seasons but hit on the right coach in the same way you hit on an above average season and now that he's gone, the program falls back to it's normal.

Let's be honest, through out our last 4 years of success, when talked about nationally, we weren't talked about as a long term rising program, we were talked about as basketball program with a great history and great fans who have been very successful lately due to a great new, young coach. I'm sure the recruits don't look at it much differently.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (04-10-2017)