Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 05:34 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,765 Times in 1,132 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
UD2... I was saying this partly in jest but there is some truth to it. You can't look at it only improving our W/L recorded but the W/L record of EVERY A10 team.

14 is probably too low but I seriously think the A10 would be better off with a 16 game schedule if the P5 all go to 20 games. It would only work if the Fordham's, LaSalle's and St. Bona's of the A10 wouldn't prostitute themselves out and play two road games with the two extra non con games. If the A10 had a winning record of .800 for the 4 game delta between 20 and 16 (which is why I said play patsies) it could make the A10 look stronger in the RPI.

Going to 18 was probably good because it forced the aforementioned schools to play another home game instead of a "buy loss" to help meet their financial goals. This is one reason the A10 suffers during even good years--when 6-8 schools are competitive--because the dogs of the league lose so many buy games. That doesn't happen in the big east.