Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 03:59 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
From UD's standpoint this will not be good. For most college basketball teams this will not be good. It will turn all non-power conferences into farm teams for the power conferences. If you play at UD 4 years you obviously won't be good enough for the NBA. If you come to UD and thrive by your sophomore season, you will move on.

What it might do is close the gap between the level of power conferences amongst themselves. A Kentucky would might still go out and recruit one-and-dones but their rivals will go pick an all-star team of juniors and seniors to combat that.

All I can say is that if and when these changes take place and the results of the change start becoming apparent, I will totally abandon my love for college basketball and have no interest in seeing UD compete to be the best farm team. If I wanted to root for regional power houses to win championships, I'd just become more of an NBA fan, not look at OSU as my big brother team.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (01-19-2018), rollo (01-18-2018), TheDuke2003 (04-18-2018)