Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 08:12 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jack D View Post
You're making a big assumption that his brother would let him do this.

Would you let your brother, who just quit school and has no job, come live with you on your dime?

Thoughts anyone?
You need to take the post in it's entirety. I simply gave a couple scenarios as to why he could/would have left school with no concern for leaving behind a free education and access to basketball development.

If I don't need the education and I don't need UD's basketball resources to go pro, then why stay? I would venture to say that if he was dependent on a college degree to eat at 23 years old and he had to have UD and it's staff to turn him in to a pro, he would have stayed at UD.

I also HIGHLY doubt that if his brother sees potential in him, that he wouldn't invest some of his fortune to see that his brother can do it on his own without going to classes 16-20 hours a week. No shame in any of it. Kostas is good enough now to make a living in Europe. Most don't see the hundreds of players in Europe that can put food on the table.

Here is the realistic thing with college hoops at UD. This is a great program and University. The overwhelming majority of UD players are here to play ball AND get a degree as the overwhelming majority of them will not have NBA careers. Yes, they will go overseas...make over 50k a year with no living expenses...some 6 figure guys...and most of them will end up using their degree to live off of down the road or use their basketball expertise to go into a sports related field or possibly sports training like some former UD players. But the guys like BR, CW, and CJ who are the most recent guys who have been on active NBA rosters aren't guys that walked in as freshman at UD and said they were for sure going to be making a living playing ball in the NBA.