Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 02:03 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
41 of 123 from the ft line last year.
I did a little research. His full name is Prince Kwabena Oduro and he was a member of the 2017 FIBA U19 World Cup Canadian team who finished in first place. The games were played July 1st to the 9th, 2017 in Egypt. R.J. Barrett, the 5 star Duke recruit led the team averaging 21.6 PPG. Italy finished 2nd and USA was 3rd.

In the 8 games Prince was 10-23 (43.5%) from the free throw line but in one of the games I noticed he was 6 for 7 (85.7%) so I think with him it might be more a lack of concentration rather than a flaw in his shooting form. Like someone said he may be able to improve during the year off! Like OSU Flyer said at 6'8" 253 lbs. the guy is a bruiser. He has legs like tree trunks like Chip Hare had when he played from 1991 to 1995.

After watching his you tube videos I can tell he likes to dunk the ball a lot and is comfortable playing inside or outside. We haven't had a bruiser to go toe to toe with other centers in the A-10 for a long time. He averaged 9.1 PPG and 5.1 rebounds at Siena and I think he would probably be worth taking a chance. With the shortage of big men on the transfer market he just may be a diamond in the rough!

After playing on the same team with R.J. Barrett and several other great players on that Canadian team he must have learned something and it seems like AG is trying to add a little extra positive influence to our younger players with each guy he recruits.

A bruiser in practice next year will only make our taller players like Obi Toppin and Frankie Policelli be more ready for the rigors of the season!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-28-2018), jack72 (04-26-2018)