Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:05 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
What is killing me is the question of Ostrum. I wish someone in the media would get an answer from him or Grant on whether there's a chance he stays. They are old friends. Is that enough? Does he want to be Associate Head Coach at UD? Will he have that position offered to him at IU? Or does Ostrum want to try to be a head coach somewhere? Inquiring minds want to know. Keeping him would take this from a great hire to an amazing hire.

Regarding the search, I read that they were only interested in people who saw UD as a destination job. And i'm sorry, but there are very few people outside of those who have gone to dayton or played for dayton who would ever view that as the last stop. Any decent younger coach will want to come here, make a mark and then test the waters in a bigger pond. That's just the way college hoops is now.

It's great that AG has the resume and is a the point in his life where he may be happy to make this his last stop on the coaching train if he's successful.

But there aren't many viable coaches out there who could honestly say that they wouldn't look elsewhere 5 years down the road if they achieved the level of success archie has. Not unless the landscape of hoops changed somehow and/or we somehow got into a better conference.

Last edited by Flyer'95; 04-01-2017 at 01:56 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer'95 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (04-01-2017), C-time (04-01-2017)