Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 09:59 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,371 Times in 1,107 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
I am skeptical. Coming off 4 straight NCAAT appearances, the best streak in school history, and an A10 league title, you mean to tell me that the majority of people on here thought we might be below .500 this year? Sorry, I just am not buying that.
Does this give you a better idea:
Dayton lost 6/8 of the top scoring players to graduation or injury.
Of the 2/8 left, only DD has elevated his game, the other (XW) for whatever reason, didn't and has regressed.
9-12 was John Crosby, Josh Cunningham and Trey Landers
16/17 PPG averages:
Crosby: 2.8 over 32 games
Josh C: 6.3 over 11 games
Trey: 3.0 over 9 games

So if XW and John C for whatever reason haven't shown enough to be starters, then they continue to be just bench players at best.

Now you have 2 freshmen starting with zero Division 1 experience.
Add: Josh, Trey and D. Davis

And a bunch of additional freshmen with zero Division 1 experience.

And with all of that, you expected at least an NIT team? Maybe, if everyone had stepped up their game but 2 notable upperclassmen didn't. I think AG saw that early on and decided to develop for the future. (And I'm OK with that).