User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 10:06 AM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Every team sends out way more offers than spots open, this is pretty standard for all teams, especially this time of year.
I understand they send more out than spots, but my question is why now? We have offered about 6-7 kids in the last 5 days. Most of them 2-3* kids when we had been in on 3-4* kids up until this point. Obviously with that many going out so quickly, something just happened/is happening. Did they hear no from a few kids they were in on? Was there a big AAU event these new kids were showcased in? Did they tell initial recruits we will hold your spot or not recruit at your position until a certain date...basicslly giving them a deadline? I just find it interesting April 21 rolls around and we deal out 7 offers, all to kids that are inferior to the current kids we have recruited in this class according to every major recruiting service (ESPN, Rivals, etc).

When you say "this is pretty standard for all teams, especially this time of year", is that because teams are getting their "plan B and c" in place? We have alot of spots to fill and I hope the staff isn't settling for quanity over quality.

Last edited by 224; 04-27-2016 at 10:14 AM..