User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Dayton to AAC?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
All true...

Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
I think I heard/read,that Idaho is dropping Div 1 football. By every correct measure, UAB should have dropped Div 1 football.

There will be more dominoes to drop over the next decade. In an era of escalating student loan burdens, at what point do students in conferences like the MAC revolt against $500-$1,000 student activity fees PER SEMESTER to support football; games that fewer and fewer attend? With the increased knowledge of head injuries, what is the long term liability to schools that continue to play football; especially schools that lose $ on an annual basis? TV revenue is only going down in the future with more and more consumers unbundling their TV packages. Hell, I could even make the argument that underfunded pensions could force most states to curtail spending on higher education. Where do they cut? Cutting scholarship football makes a lot of sense because it also allows a school to cut a lot of non revenue female sports like crew that only exist because of Title IX.
....and yet once in a while you here of a school deciding to step up to FBS level....in spite of what we know re the financials. As I understand it, most (i.e., more than half), of the Power 5 schools lose money on football.