User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 10:54 AM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Well my post did say "if ever invited" The point of my post is the A-10 is not what it used to be and quite frankly I doubt it ever is again. I do not want to rely on the old Butler model of winning the Horizon every year to get in the big dance. Plus if I am a college recruit, I can get much more excited about playing the Uconns, Cincy, Witchita States or the Xavier, Butler, Villanovas of the world compared to our current league schedules. I have to think it would help recruiting and Grant would jump at the chance to move IMO.

Yes, I think the AAC could be a decent fit for us. The AAC is smart enough to know (I hope) that they will never be a football power like the big 5, thus basketball is just as important for them.

Yes, I would still like to see our Flyers in the Big East someday if ever given the opportunity.

RPI numbers the last few seasons do not lie. The Big East is by far a better conference, and with the addition of WSU the AAC will continue to widen the gap between them and the A10

Oh, for the record I am too young to have 8 tracks, but a good friend was giving me crap when I broke out the case of big hair band cassettes and was playing them a few weekends back.
Whoa Whoa! No going off topic on the Ray Harper thread!

4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Widget For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (11-14-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (11-14-2017), Gazoo (11-14-2017), steverino015 (11-15-2017)