User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Major

Gem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant future
daytonflyers.com - likes/ dislikes

It is fairly apparent that UD's athletic department reads this message board, so with that in mind, I would liked to bring up the topic of UD's web site "www.daytonflyers.com." I'm sure many of you have some things you like to see updated or changed with the website, so this our opportunity to throw out some ideas.

1. Facilities: One of the things that really separates UD from the rest of A-10 and other peer institutions is our superior facilities. This is something that should be highlighted and the website does a poor job of bring attention to this UD strength. Totally absent from the website is any mention of the Donoher Center, outdoor soccer practice field, the outdoor football and track practice facility or even the Rex Plex. I would like to see pictures of the football and basketball locker rooms, weight rooms, and video rooms in the Donoher Center. I would like to see photos of the track and football practice field. I realize that the Rex Plex isn't used specifically for UD athletics, but what school isn't going to highlight such a facility that can and will be used by our athletes. How many schools UD's size have two practice fields specifically for soccer? The UD Arena section should include photos highlighting the Time Warner Cable Flight Deck and the lounge. I would even throw in some pictures of UD Arena hosting past NCAA tournament games. How about adding some pictures and photos of the crew team's boathouse at Triangle Park? The PAC section needs to be updated now that the facade has been updated. What a great tool the PAC could be for recruiting! How about some photos of a packed Frericks Center highlighting it's great atmosphere for UD volleyball? Didn't they just renovate the locker rooms in the Frericks Center? Hello? Is there any mention of the weight room in the Frerick Center? How about any mention of the renovation to Welcome Stadium? Our facilities are incredible when you compare them to other schools in our league like X, St. Joe, St. Bonnie or even "peer" institutions like Marquette, Seton Hall or Georgetown. I'd really like to see UD highlight this strength.

2. Video: I notice that the women's soccer team had a highlight video posted. What a great idea! Every team page should include a highlight video. As a matter of fact, how about a video celebrating UD's past glory which could include old footage of "great moments in UD history." examples: Stagg Bowl, UD taking down Oklahoma in '84, volleyball knocking off Michigan State etc.

3. List Accomplishments: Under each teams page, I'd like to see some of the accomplishments listed. (Example: Volleyball A-10 champs 2007, 2006, 2005 NCAA Tournament: 2007, 2005, 2004, UD football national title 1980 etc.)

4. Links: One thing I like about other websites is the ability to look at a schedule and click on the opponents name which takes you directly to that schools website.

5. Game Video: I love the ability to watch games over the internet. My one complaint was that the two games I wanted to see the most were not available on line. (UD football vs. Albany and Fordham) How frustrating is that? I was able to go to Fordham's website and hear a replay of that game from their announcers.

Anyway, what would you guys like to see changed on UD's website?

Last edited by Gem City; 08-07-2008 at 05:38 PM..
Advertisement