Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Dayton to AAC?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 09:59 AM
1st Lieutenant

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
It seems pretty clear to me that the A10 brass wants no part of Wichita State or any other Midwestern school for expansion. After the Butler and Xavier defections there was ample opportunity to add them but the conference instead took Eastern choices that don't hold a candle to Wichita State in any category. Location at this point seems to be more important than adding the best basketball programs. There is no reason whatsoever why the A10 couldn't add WSU and UNI right now. We played at 16 before. I'd prefer that schedule anyway.
If that true, its a shame. I'd assume it would stem from the A10 thinking Dayton might leave and the A10 doesn't want to be stuck with an outlier out west.

Seems like a self fulfilling prophecy going on. A10 won't add the best available teams because it thinks Dayton and maybe SLU might leave. The desire for Dayton to leave increases because A10 won't add the best available teams...