Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 09:28 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Saint Mary's was ranked #23 and #25 in the 2 polls, yet they were left out of the NCAAT.

I wonder if that is a first?

Sheesh, being ranked does not even guarantee you a spot.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-basketball/rankings/
Didn't SMU get snubbed a couple of years ago when they were ranked?

There was a bunch out there that SMU avoided a couple of teams like URI. I don't know how true it was or not. They played (and won) Harvard in a pre-conference tourney but also played Georgia and Wash St but lost both and neither one was really any good in their conference. They also played Cal on the road and us at home. Both were probably disappointing in terms of the quality of the wins.

They probably did not have much margin of error and things did not go well. I don't know about their advanced metrics like Kenpom but I am not too big of a fan of using advanced metrics to be used over actual Ws and Ls. The bottom line is they had a win over Gonzaga and that is about it.