Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 09:45 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
OSU Flyer - I don't disagree with you that UD needs to go after quad 1 and 2 games and victories. I am not sure it is that much different than what they have been doing except they have been looking at RPI rather than the quad. With the P5 conferences playing 20 game schedule it is going to be very difficult to get those H/Hs and as you pointed out, some may start backing away from the early season tourneys that was always something we could count on for a quality game.

I still think there is a big P5 advantage because they have more chances. Even if Wisc is down, someone like a Penn St steps up a little higher. With the games we need to schedule - like a Vermont, it is more of a crap shoot, especially the second year.

There is not a good example of a non-P5 school that got snubbed but had a schedule to point out that they did what they could. St. Marys lost games to low level P5 schools. Mid Tenn St. has a better argument. They scheduled the P5 games they probably could get like Vandy and Ole Miss and won but they lost to the better P5 teams they played - Auburn, USC and Miami. Had they won at least one of those games against the better P5 teams, they would have a better argument. But even if the not P5 get in, I think they still take a hit on seed because of the lack of quad 1 wins. Hopefully a couple of wins by seed underdogs this year will make the committee rethink some of that.