Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 03:52 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,588 Times in 3,713 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
This

Instead of playing at neutral site event like Charleston, Orlando, Maui, etc they're hosting their own tournament to get extra home games.

Hosting your own multi team exempt tourney at home for the extra games I think is going to become more common with the 20 game schedule and challenges, neutral site events, long standing rivalries, etc in the Big 10 and ACC.

What does this mean for the Flyers? I think we'll see fewer high quality opponents in exempt tourneys going forward. The fields in the future may be closer to the Charleston Classic this year with weaker opponents. 2/8 teams are from the Power 5 with Temple & Dayton as the only other opponents from multi-bid conferences

For example, Iowa who was a big OOC win two years ago in the Orlando tourney. If they go to a 20 game big schedule. They play Iowa State every year and in the ACC/B10 challenge along with the Gavitt Games against the Big East every so often.

There's gonna be a need to host a multi-team tourney to get their number of home games versus playing a neutral site event

I agree with what your saying, but The fact the NCAA allows you to "host" your own "exempt" tourney is ridiculous. This needs to change ASAP, or I fear our schedule will suck more in the future.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (07-03-2017), rollo (06-29-2017)