User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Totally get your point. And I don't want to be at work, I just want to make millions of $$. Can I? Nope.

KA didn't want to be in school. He made his choice. If he had a little more "want" regardless of how much he enjoyed school he would have, in my opinion, been better served. What he wants has very little to do with the equation. It's not like he would have flunked out when surrounded by the number of advisors he would have.

So, yeah, suck it up and go to class or go to Oregon / North Carolina.
The major difference in your (and my) situations compared to Kostas is that there wasn't a multi-billion dollar industry developing it's own support system as an alternative route. The investment the NBA is making is making in a minor league feeder system now means that a kid's wants do now matter.

Of course the route won't be open to most kids. Many, and I hope most, of the kids that do have that alternative as a legitimate route will prefer the exposure, rivalries, life experience and education that comes with playing in college. The vast majority of kids are in the same position they have always been. The G-League won't be an option so they will need to go to school to play at a school regardless of want. Kostas had a legitimate alternative and took it. How legitimate is yet to be seen. A lot will have to do with the kid and more than likely the NBA organization affiliated with a kid's G-League team.

Football was alluded to in a few posts. Obviously a completely different animal.