Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017-18 season
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 11:57 AM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
LOL.. Yes we would. I'd simply tell you the black guy wearing #33 is really slow, not quick, and is getting beat terribly but the white guy wearing #1 is pretty fast and pretty quick and has improved tremendously...Now can you see where this is going and it really has nothing to do about who is who (other than being a point of reference) and what color?
The guy wearing #33 gets beat on D because he's slow and scores because he's "crafty". The guy wearing #1 gets beat on D because he's lazy and scores because he's "explosive". There is no objective measure of this that I have seen published. Your eyes just tell you. They tell you things you don't want to admit IMO. But, you're not going to admit it under any circumstances so it's a pointless discussion. But I think it's true.

I saw people blow by DD for 2 years on straight line drives and DD barely slowed them down. But he was able to improve that, and it wasn't just through intensity. Nobody out there is so lackadaisical that guys blow by you like they blew by DD. He just wasn't any good, he worked hard, and he got better between his sophomore and junior years. But nobody ever dared to say he wasn't athletic. But the white guy? Easy peasy, he's not athletic. That's answer 1, 2, and 3 on the list. Every time.

Carry on.