Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crosby
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 08:54 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
I love your enthusiasm, but you do realize that the prior staff lost almost all confidence in him toward the end of the season. He played a total of 4 minutes in the most important games of the season against Davidson and Wichita State.
I hope he's made a tremendous improvement in his decision making, but if he's anything like he was toward the end of the season he will be a back up.
I wouldn't call it "losing confidence". You don't know that. It depends on a lot of things that determines a players' playing time. One is that if you are backing up the best player on the team at the most important position on the team, in the most important game of the season, and there's no big separation of the score, you leave your best, most important player in there as much as possible.

Mikesell also had his minutes go down drastically during those games. They probably didn't lose confidence, just decided they had a better chance to win giving Scoochie all the minutes he can handle because they know that Crosby does not improve your chances. They knew that in game one and they knew that in game 32. Game 32 however was a game of no tomorrows. It's not to be used to develop a player for next year and beyond.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (05-09-2017)