Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 05:27 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
I'm still of the mindset that you don't "get rid of players". I'm all for being honest with them about their future with the team and letting them make their own decision. Sending them packing is a great way to scare off recruits.
I would never run a kid off for not performing, so long as he is doing everything you ask. Working hard in practice, staying up with school work, being a good teammate, etc. I would be honest with a kid though, if he asked how much PT he was going to get and he decided to leave on his own. I don't consider that running someone off.

If someone however, is not working hard, has attitude issues, etc., and hasn't responded to continued mentoring, then I have no problems if we go our separate ways.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (02-12-2018)