User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Next six games
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 04:14 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,428 Times in 829 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by forego1 View Post
I cringe to think how we would fare now against the same teams. I expected we would cut through these lower level A-10 teams. The teams we played early improved a lot I would guess. Given the paltry teams we played, and how we struggled to win, I had to wonder. I mean, I would expect Virginia would tear George Mason and St Bonaventure new holes.
Actually, Virginia is all about defense and half-court sets offensively. They were a good matchup for us. Sure, they’ve blown some teams out, but VCU only lost by eight in a tight game and we lost by seven in a game that was winnable up to the last 59 seconds. They did beat GW by 19. People seem to forget George Mason was a top four pick in our league; they just had a lousy non-conference record. Yes, we should have beaten them, but that’s a senior-laden team that’s vying for the top four finish projected by A-10 coaches and most prognosticators. St. Bonaventure was decimated by early injuries.

I have a hard time wondering why some folks are so down on this team. We’re not going to the NCAA tourney barring a miracle run in Brooklyn, but we’re a botched shot or turnover away from being undefeated in the league — a league in which the COACHES predicted Dayton would finish sixth, with others in the media projecting us even lower.

This season isn’t over, and anything can happen — good OR bad. But for my money, I’m looking at a program that HAS made real progress and is at a minimum meeting if not exceeding the pre-season expectations of most rational people on this board.

Last edited by The Fly; 01-30-2019 at 04:18 PM..
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (01-31-2019), m21eagle45 (01-31-2019), MikeFlyer (02-02-2019), SeasonTicketFan (01-30-2019), SLUFLYER (02-02-2019)